Receiving An Acknowledgement
Be Genuine When Giving
If you are the person to give an acknowledgement, the feelings may be pretty much the same if you’re not used to it. You doubt yourself or maybe even questioning whether or not it’s appropriate. The thing is, you can never go wrong when you give an acknowledgement if you come from a genuine place. The best time to give an acknowledgement is when the other person is receptive. You need to have a strong connection with them. A random acknowledgment to someone you don’t know won’t go far and you will lose credibility and inhibit the growth of a trusting relationship.
What Acknowledgment Looks Like
- Having someone endorse you when you are afraid to forge ahead.
- Focusing on your strengths when all you see are your weaknesses.
- Wanting a better way for you when you find it hopeless.
- Holding your vision high when you are down.
- And recognizing your talents and accomplishments when you are blind to see them.